- Laminated glass will not fade or discolour over time – unlike acrylic or polycarbonate.
- Available in 10 sizes
- Maintenance-free anodized heavy-gauge aluminium frame withstands the extremes of the Australian climate.
- Versatile product that can be used on roofs between 0-60° in pitch*
- Can be used in portrait, landscape or even “diamond shape” orientation**
- High Performance double glazing as standard – blocks approx 70% of radiant heat and gives 99% protection from UV rays
- 10 year guarantee.
- NEAT™ coating on outer pane reduces cleaning frequency.
*Velux recommends FCM to be installed with a minimum pitch of 3°-5° to help prevent condensation build-up and water pooling on the glass.
** FCM 2270 not recommended for “landscape” orientation.
High Performance Double Glazing
(VS 2004) Features:
- Laminated inner panes for added safety.
- Outer pane of toughened safety glass.
- Low-E3. coating maximises Light Transmittance/reduces Solar Heat Gain.
- Argon filled cavity together with Low-E3. coating increases thermal performance by reducing approx 75% of heat flow through the pane.
- NEAT™ Coating on outer pane reduces cleaning frequency.
- Warm edge technology increases energy efficiency.
- Radiant heat block: Complete window approx 80% Glass only approx 75%
- UV Harmful rays block approx 99%
- Noise reduction factor‡ 32 decibels
- WERS rating 5 stars
- Double layer of Low-E3. coating.
- 10-year warranty on insulated glass seal.
- Reduced cleaning frequency.
Australian Standard AS1288 – Laminated glass (2004) must be used for skylights installed 3m or more above floor level.